a musing moment

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

In Gratitude for a Wonderful Gift

Today is another special birthday in my family. (There are a lot of them in May for some reason.) This one happens to belong to my husband's mother.

I would like to pause and express my tremendous appreciation for her role in blessing me one of the very best gifts ever -- her son. Everything she did to provide for his development and nurture was done without ever knowing that I would be the direct beneficiary of her efforts and love, since we first met after my husband was an adult and had left the nest.

But that doesn't diminish her impact on my life. Two things I'd like to single out for special recognition: her formidable work ethic (she's a Western Kansas farm girl) and her single-minded devotion to God. These two attributes took root in her son and continue to give shape to his character to this day. She is also a very generous person and a perpetual learner with an interest in many, many topics. I've been the recipient of her thoughtfulness on many occasions, as well as her storehouse of knowledge and information.

Happy Birthday, Mother-inLaw of Mine! And THANK YOU!!

1 Comments:

  • What a lovely tribute to your mother-in-law!! Too bad the relationship between all mother-in-laws and daughter-in-laws couldn't be as special.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home