a musing moment

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mother's Day with Lori Borgman

If you've been following amusing moment for a while, then you probably know I really like Lori Borgman's blog. She posted a tribute to mothers last Friday called "The Motherhood Development Chart". As I read, I kept thinking about my two friends who've had babies in the last two months. And I also reminisced:

Childhood development charts that help new parents track every burp, gurgle and coo of a new baby are bountiful and plenty. It’s motherhood development charts that are hard to come by. Experience tells me that a reliable one would go something like this:

Week 1: The new mother may cry if over- or under-stimulated. Complains about not being able to find things. Like her waistline. On average, awake for 22 hours a day, but alert for only two. Head bobs forward in sitting position, especially after 7 o’clock at night.

Here's the rest. Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home