a musing moment

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

One of My Role Models

When I grow up, I want to be like Elmo. I'm not kidding. For about a year, this image was the background on my computer desktop. Here's why (a partial list):
  • Elmo is usually cheerful.
  • Elmo has a "can do" attitude.
  • Elmo lets others know his needs, wants, and desires.
  • Elmo makes friends easily.
  • Elmo takes responsibility for his own "stuff" (note backpack), but doesn't assume responsibility for "stuff" that's not his.
  • Elmo is eager to learn.
  • Elmo is able to get out of his own orbit and think of others.
  • Elmo thinks he's okay being himself.
  • Elmo isn't a slave to fashion.
["Verily I say unto you, except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven." Matthew18:3 .]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home