a musing moment

Saturday, January 07, 2006

On the Lighter Side

[The following is in honor of my former employer:]

It was early in the morning and two robins were sitting in a tree. “I’m really hungry,” said one. “Me too,” said the other. “Let’s go find some breakfast.”

They flew down to a plot of recently plowed ground full of worms. They ate and ate until they could eat no more.

“I’m so full I don’t think I can fly back up to the tree,” the first one said. “Me either," said the second. "The sun is really warming up -- let’s just stay here a little while and enjoy it.”

“Okay by me,” agreed the first.

So they plopped right down and started soaking up the rays. No sooner than they had fallen asleep, a big fat tomcat snuck up and gobbled them right up. As he sat licking his whiskers, he thought:

“I just love baskin’ robbins.”

I was the decorator of the ice cream cakes for 15 months:
  • Job description: play all day with very good ice cream, gourmet cake, and pretty colors, getting as creative as you want.
  • Nicest job feature: customers always leave happy.
  • Worst job feature: monthly defrosting and cleaning of the display freezers.
  • Most unusual request for a birthday cake: a "motorcycle wreck" on the cake (it actually turned out pretty neat).
  • All-Time Prettiest Cake (while in their employ): Valentine's Day, heart-shaped with white icing overlaid with white frosting Corelli lace, topped with deep red frosting long-stemmed roses.
  • Favorite flavor: jamoca topped with hot fudge and chopped almonds. And yours?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home