a musing moment

Saturday, August 12, 2006

I Like Ike ('Cause He's Like Me)

While visiting the Eisenhower Museum on our vacation last month, the following quote by the former president really resonated with me:

"[My paintings were] reports on things that came to my personal attention and seemed interesting."

If you look at the box in the top right corner of this page, you'll see what I mean. I consider this blog my own personal forum for sharing with the world "things that have come to my personal attention and seemed interesting." I have called it "Show and Tell", with a bit more emphasis on tell than show.

President Eisenhower, however, in using the medium of canvas and paint, put a quite a lot more emphasis on show than tell. He was an avid and somewhat prolific painter. Here is a small sampling of "things that came to his personal attention" which he found interesting and considered worthy of reporting on:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home