a musing moment

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Redefining a musing moment

Several weeks ago, while rereading Robert Fulghum's It Was On Fire When I Lay Down on It, I suddenly realized what this blog is all about. I put in the blurb "about" a musing moment that we'd figure it out as we went along, and I'm excited to tell you that it has occurred...

My favorite thing in elementary school -- was it just in kindergarten or did we do it in first grade too? -- was Friday afternoon's Show and Tell. I thought about what I would bring or talk about all week. Most of the time it was just something that had sentimental value to me and would give my friends a peek as to who I was and what made me tick. But once in a while I'd think that what I had to share with my teacher and classmates was perhaps the coolest thing of all that week. Since there was no applause meter, this assessment can't be accurately verified, but if my level of enthusiasm is an indicator, those moments of sharing were very significant.

And so it is with a musing moment.

During most days I'm thinking about things I'd like to share and I'm eager to sit down and post them. But then once in a while...

Those are the days when I think I'll burst before I get my thoughts and ideas dumped into a post to share with my friends. These originate from a more soulful place in me and, even at this stage in life, I imagine they are the coolest posts of the week (and thankfully there's still no applause meter to pop my bubble).

Thank you for showing up for my Show and Tell all these months. These things would have been special to me regardless, but sharing them with you has been a delight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home