a musing moment

Friday, January 13, 2006

Let's See Those Pearly Whites

Today one of my mentors, FlyLady, emailed me and told me to go into my bathroom, turn on the light, look deep into my own eyes (brown, by the way) and smile from the inside out. Okay, I could do that...

Then said I should take her challenge to spend five minutes at the top of each hour walking around in my immediate surroundings smiling. Whoa! Don't think I've got time for that one...

Said that using the muscles involved in the act of smiling actually tells the brain we're happy and consequently releases those chemicals that make us feel euphoric. Challenged me to do it just to prove those scientists wrong.

Also said that, like yawns, smiles are contagious. You mean by simply smiling I could influence the way people around me feel?

Hmmm...perhaps I don't have time not to. Excuse me while I head to my mirror...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home